Wednesday 13 November 2013

Talk About Culture SHOCK!

Hi again!

Okay, so when I decided I would start a blog over here, an idea I had in mind for one of my very first posts was to write about the new city I'm living in and how I'm finding it, so here it is..

As I said in my first post, I moved to Italy two months ago to study in the city of Bologna for my Erasmus. I can't really say that the studying is going very well but I can assure you that the drinking definitely is!

Being honest with you, I had never heard of Bologna before I was deciding that I wanted to live here, never even realised that 'Spaghetti Bolognese' actually comes from here!!..In fact it was my friend that pointed it out to me :/ (well done Sar)

It is totally different to what I'm used to and I can't lie.. that can be TERRIFYING.. But as each day moseys on I'm becoming more and more settled.

One thing I don't think I will get used to though is the vested interest that men over here take in foreign girls, i.e pasty Irish girls with blonde hair like myself.

They feel the need to stare, smile and whisper 'Bella' in your ear as you walk by...SO creepy :/

The funny thing is, is that you might look so run down with a cold, hair stuck to your head with grease and they will probably still say it to you which makes it even more creepy!

They have no fear of rejection or being shot down, they have no boundaries, definitely a massive change from how lads act where I'm from anyway!

This is of course just one aspect of living here in Italy and there are positive parts too...like having the best ice cream around available to you whenever you want it.. mmmmmmm. But I just wanted to focus on this part for this post as it is something that I and every other foreign girl over here deal with on a daily basis.. Not to scare you off or anything..just making you aware for when you may visit Italia! ;)

Much more to come on life here in Bologna..and I'll be sure to put that in in the posts to come :)

But for now I'm leaving you with a picture of my wall in my room that I'm adding things to.. pictures from home..memories..Hopefully by the end of this year it will be covered with new memories because at the moment its not very big..but that's only because its the very beginning! woooooo! (sappy)

Bye Bye :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment