Sunday 17 November 2013

Chocolate Show! Holy yummm!

Hellooooo,

Okay so this weekend was set to be a bit of a snooze for poor little me because my good friend Emily went home to Ireland to celebrate turning the big TWO-ONE! (Happy Birthday Emily!!) ... and the other Irish folks took a trip to Rome. I would have gone but I'll be going with my parents next month so thought I'd sit tight until then. :)

Anyway, I was staring down the barrel of a lonely weekend when my friend who also decided they would stay here for the weekend suggested that we check out the chocolate show that was setting up in Bologna and selling chocolate from all over Italy.

Now this may truly be the coolest type of show/festival I have ever been to.. I mean come on...a CHOCOLATE SHOW!! An entire event dedicated to chocolate..genius.

There was about 50+ tents all showcasing their work and the chocolate they had to offer. I must say i was really impressed. It wasn't just lumps of chocolate being sold..they were actual art forms. Chocolate made into different shapes such as shoes, hats, purses, even I-phones and so much more. This festival travels through the cities in Italy to showcase and sell their masterpieces which I think is really cool and much appreciated among chocoholics like myself.

I took a few snaps of all this brilliantness to show here and maybe if you're ever in Italy you'll catch the festival. I really do hope they expand this festival across Europe though (i.e send it straight to Ireland/UK areas please!)

Keep in mind that everything you see in the pictures are all made out of chocolate!! I think it's pretty cool B-)

 All different shapes made out of chocolate here folks.. cars, wrenches .. It was so cool.. they all had this rust looking effect but It was actually pure chocolate!

 Pick 'n' Mix pleaseeeee!



If only these had arrived before Halloween..Skull head sweets for the trick or treaters would have been brill!


 Loved this stand! cute houses and planes :)



I need a chocolate shoe in my wardrobe....



 Hot chocolate here is basically melted chocolate and nothing else.. and it is SO GOOD!

The square , 'Piazza Maggiore' with all the chocolate stalls!

I'll have to forgive them for their spelling.. These chocolate cupcakes with *Irish cream and coffee looked delicious!

Spotted the United Colours of Benetton store all lit up on my way home.. how pretty!


Talk soon! 
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment